We know we’re starting to sound like a broken record, but 2012 has been such a great year for Nicole’s Classes! We think just thanking you repeatedly for all your support isn’t enough, so we’re hosting a New Year’s giveaway for all our amazing followers on Instagram! So head over and follow us @nicolesclasses for all the information on how you can be one of 5 winners of a free Nicole’s Classes course of your choice. We’ll be picking the lucky winners this Friday, January 4th, so make sure to post your entry by end of day Thursday, January 3rd!
Help us ring in 2013 right and resolve to learn something new with Nicole’s Classes this year!
Nicole’s Classes will be a bit quiet this week as we celebrate this most wonderful time of the year, but we wanted to wish all of our amazing students and blog readers a very Merry Christmas eve!
This is has been an exceptionally great year for us as we launched our new site, taught more students than ever before and we’re continuing to grow by adding new classes and new teachers. We’re so thankful this season for every one of you that has made this possible!
As a sign of our appreciation, we’d like to offer all our loyal readers a 10% discount code on our gift certificates! For any last minute shoppers out there, just enter the code CHRISTMASEVE10 to save 10% on all of our gift certificate denominations through tomorrow December 25th at 11:59pm PST. These make perfect last minute gifts, since you can print them and fill them out immediately after your purchase… but we promise we won’t tell if you do wait until the last minute!
Classes might be out of session until January rolls around, but we have some student submissions from the past few months that we loved and haven’t shared yet. Check them out below, and we think you’ll be able to tell why these pieces are noteworthy! (And keep your eye out for a few more next week.)
Nicky Berry did the piece below just in time for the holidays. The concept is so creative, perfect for placing on a card to be sent to relatives, and her kids are adorable. We especially love how the little one is holding up her letter ‘O’. And, if you wanted to see a few outtakes from this shoot, visit Nicky over here.
Illustrator 101 teaches students a lot of fun tips and tricks, and Tara used them to create the greeting below. The snowmen definitely steal the show, but we love the added details of the little red bird and rabbits, not to mention the striping on the trees.
A good business card says a lot about a person, and we think the one that Sara Bokee designed speaks volumes about her creativity and eye for design. The colors are classy and the arrangement is fun.
We love getting work from student Helga Varadi, and she didn’t disappoint with the the patterns below! The plants she created are delicate and pretty. Paired with an excellent color scheme, and she has a winning combination.
Sometimes a fun quote (with a cute design) can brighten your day. That’s what Khali Whatley did in Illustrator 101 when she grabbed this quote from over here and added her own pizazz to it. Tell Khali what you think on her blog!
Earlier this year, Nicole met with KSL Studio 5 to discuss how to capture great candid shots of kids. We wanted to share this video with you today, especially with all of the photo ops that this fun holiday season provides! And if you’re interested in learning more about photographing your little ones, take a look at our Babies, Toddlers, & Kids class.
If you’re planning on wrapping up one of our popular textbooks and putting it under the tree for a special someone this year, today is the last day to order in time for Christmas delivery.*
And today only, we’re offering $5 off shipping on all orders with the code HOLIDAYSHIPPING. That means today, all single textbook orders for domestic delivery will ship for FREE!
So don’t wait — place your textbook orders right now! And don’t forget to add a class (or two!) or a gift certificate to your order as well… trust us, that special someone will be glad you did.
*Applies to single textbook orders for delivery in the contiguous US only. Does not apply to multiple textbook orders or orders for delivery to Alaska, Hawaii or outside the US. Please note this is not a guarantee and we are not responsible for orders that do not arrive on time. For general questions about shipping, please visit our FAQ page.
While student work is on hold until our classes start up again in 2013, we wanted to share an interview that Nicole did on Smart Creative Women. If you’ve ever wanted to know a little more about Nicole and how Nicole’s Classes came to be, head on over and watch.
Last week we posted about one of two new teachers joining the Nicole’s Classes team to head up our Crafting department, and today we’d like to introduce you to the other! Here are 5 things we’d love to share with you about the savvy and skilled Watercolor 101 teacher, Monica Lee:
1) She jumpstarted her full time illustrating career a couple of years ago (though she had a greeting card company and illustrated all the product prior to that), and she’s loving every minute of it! It was the first time she had to approach art directors to book jobs, but it wasn’t as scary as she thought it would be because she had a supportive local art community that helped her along and critiqued my work. She knows putting yourself out there is a bit nerve wracking, which is why she embarked on the endeavor we’ll get to in #2. You can check out a sampling of some of her professional work here.
2) She’s not just an amazing artist, she’s also an entrepreneur! Monica created and hosts the web tv show Smart Creative Women. She started SCW in February 2012 when she realized that she liked trade shows and conferences just as much as she liked to paint. She’s a total people person and loves nothing more than introducing brilliant artists to each other to generate new ideas and ways of thinking. For her, nothing is better than hearing someone’s story and being encouraged by it. We couldn’t agree more!
3) As part of her SCW web series, she’s interviewed a lot of amazing women working in the business (and we’re kinda jealous). She’s recently featured our own Nicole Hill Gerulat and the crazy famous Mary Engelbreit! You can see a list of all of her inspiring guests here.
4) Before she decided to pursue being an artist full time, Monica was an international flight attendant! C’est trés cool! She got to travel to some pretty cool locations like London, Paris and Buenos Aires. But when she left that job, she didn’t want to go anywhere and has only recently got the travel bug back!
5) And just because we think this tidbit is too cool not to share with you, Monica was born in Italy! She thinks European culture is where it’s at (and again, we agree)! She loves American ingenuity but adores the laid back, talk, drink, dine culture of Europe (and as you can guess, we agree)!
We are beyond excited to add someone so accomplished and talented to our team, and we hope this gets all of you psyched up to take her class. The first Watercolor 101 session starts in March of 2013, so sign up now for your chance to learn from this smart and creative woman!
Happy Monday, everyone! We hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to take on this coming week.
Today we wanted to share something from one of our very talented students, Alison Salcedo. Alison used some of the skills she picked up in Nicole’s Classes to create invitations for a holiday craft and cookie party. We loved the way that everything turned out , and wanted all of you to see her work, too! Stop by her blog, see what Nicole’s Classes can teach you, and let her know what you think of this cute idea!
You probably noticed that we recently added a completely new section of instruction to our Nicole’s Classes online repertoire: Crafting! Nicole’s Classes is super excited to welcome a few new teachers to our team to take on this constantly requested and popular area. And we’d love for you to meet one of them in depth today. Here are 5 things you need to know about our stylish and talented Sewing 101 teacher, Theresa Gonzalez:
1) She’s the Group Editor in Chief for Craft at FutureUS in San Francisco, where she oversees titles like Crochet Today (which our other super star instructor Nicole Hill Gerulat shoots for often)!
2) She recently traveled to Paris for a whole month (and we couldn’t be more jealous about it)! She rented an apartment in the Latin Quarter, across from the Jardin des Plantes. She saw the crochet exhibit at Versailles and found the best Liberty fabrics and vintage-inspired notions for future sewing projects at Entrée des Fournisseurs in the Marais.
3) Her apartment was featured in the SF Chronicle in a story about designing with style on a budget. She sewed the Roman shades, floor pillows, and reupholstered the $6 chair she found at Salvation Army. But she thinks it might be time for a makeover!
5) On the weekends, you can find her running or hiking on Saturday mornings, visiting the Alameda Flea Market on the first Sunday of the month, taking in museums for inspiration (she thought the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the de Young was amazing!), and hitting the many brunch places in San Francisco with friends (The Magic Flute is one of her faves).
We can’t wait for her Sewing 101 class to launch in February so she can share her expertise and eye for design with all of our students! And stay tuned for a feature next week on another exciting new teacher joining the Nicole’s Classes team…
Hostgator CouponsHostgatorI am using hostgator for my website. My website is a wordpress website. Hostgator provided (as per my knowledge) a complete wordpress support. I am happy with their service till now, especially their chat support is very helpfull.
As mention is the topic, me too is also dissapointed with their 100$ Adword Coupon.